- The Minnesota Wild are going to be without Marcus Foligno for quite a while. After taking a shot off his skate and hobbling off down the tunnel, head coach Dean Evason declared that we shouldn’t expect him back anytime soon.
Evason said they don’t expect Marcus Foligno back anytime soon #mnwild— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) March 15, 2021
- With the injuries increasing—forward Kyle Rau has also been declared out—youngster Connor Dewar has been called up to the taxi squad. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Nick Bonino knows what it is like to go deep into the playoffs and he spoke a lot about the Wild locker room and mentality after Sunday’s win. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Zach Parise hasn’t been the best. [10K Rinks]
- The Wild are getting nationally noticed and it’s time to determine if they are a contender or a pretender. [NBC Sports]
Off the trail...
- Scott Burnside goes through six trade deadline trades that he would like to see. They are extremely chaotic. [The Athletic]
- Harman Dayal breaks down all 31 first lines in the league how good or bad they are comparatively. [The Athletic]
- On a somber note, 19-year-old skater Timur Faizutdanov took a shot to the head in the middle of a game and crashed to the ice. He’s now on life support.
Please keep Timur Faizutdanov in your thoughts and prayers tonight. The 19 year-old MHK Dynamo Captain took a slapshot to the head and is currently fighting for his life in the hospital.(@nhlcollectionig ). pic.twitter.com/VWnIz9yGLg— Pavel Barber (@HeyBarber) March 15, 2021