- With some hard mathematics used, Minnesota Wild center Joel Eriksson Ek has been declared the mid-season Selke Trophy winner. Numbers don’t lie. [JFresh Substack]
- Speaking of trophies, Kirill Kaprizov should be lifting the Calder at the end of the season, no matter his age or previous experience overseas. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Rookie sensation Kaapo Kahkonen has a history of being streaky in his career. [10K Rinks]
- The Wild are apparently in the “mushy middle” category in terms of teams that need to make a deal before this season’s trade deadline. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Bob McKenzie sheds some light on the Buffalo Sabres behind the scenes in terms of the firing of Darcy Krueger and Kevyn Adams’ search for something before the trade deadline. [NBC Sports]
- Speaking of the Sabres, Joe Yerdon writes what has been known as the Sabres way and the rite of passage of hell. [Die By The Blade]