- After initial fears of a long-term injury, defenseman Matt Dumba might be returning to the lineup as soon as Thursday against the St. Louis Blues. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Just a few weeks until the trade deadline, and Minnesota Wild GM Bill Guerin described how he is not afraid to “rustle some feathers” in attempts to eventually win a championship. All the right things you want to hear as a fan of a team that has been hovering around the playoff bubble forever. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Four Anaheim Ducks players have entered the NHL’s COVID protocol list while in Minnesota, preparing to play the Wild. [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- During Tuesday’s game between the Nashville Predators and Detroit Red Wings, a referee was caught on the hot mic describing how they called a make-up penalty. Yikes.
Maybe if you're a mic'd up ref, you shouldn't express how you wanted to call a penalty against a team earlier in the game, changing how you ref the rest of the game.— Matt Best (@bestofmatt) March 24, 2021
"It wasn't much but I wanted to get a fuckin' penalty against Nashville early in the..."#Preds #LGRW pic.twitter.com/6fZImkdqLr
- A look behind the scenes at the pivotal team staff that helps run the entire league. [The Athletic]