- After the veteran netminder Alex Stalock was claimed off of waivers by the Edmonton Oilers, he made it publicly known that he was diagnosed with myocarditis after experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and testing positive. The diagnosis is essentially an inflammation of the heart muscle, and could have lead to cardiac arrest or death. [The Athletic]
- After returning from off-season arm surgery and in full recovery, Mats Zuccarello stunned everyone with his performance that earned him the NHL’s Third Star of the Week title. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Zach Parise has lost his shine as a crunch-time performer. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Maybe the new coach free agent Claude Julien should get an opportunity behind a failing New York Rangers bench when David Quinn inevitably gets fired. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Columbus Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekäläinen gives coach John Tortorella a vote of confidence in the middle of a bad streak. [NBC Sports]
- Edmonton Oilers forward Alex Chiasson has been suspended one game for his hit on Toronto Maple Leafs winger Jimmy Vesey. [Pension Plan Puppets]