- According to Michael Russo, the Minnesota Wild are interested in keeping Ian Cole past this season. A pending unrestricted free agent, Cole was acquired for Greg Pateryn earlier this season from the Colorado Avalanche and has secured the defensive depth—but in the end, he’s only getting older. [The Athletic]
- A prospect is turning pro, as Matt Boldy has signed his entry-level contract and will be reporting to Iowa shortly. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Zach Parise can’t really find his way this season, and it only got worse. The veteran forward has been listed on the NHL’s COVID protocol list and will not travel with the team on their current road trip. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Is Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson giving Kirill Kaprizov some competition for the Calder Trophy? [NBC Sports]
- For the St. Louis Blues, they should look at what they have done in the past for what to do before the trade deadline. [NBC Sports]
- Harman Dayal of The Athletic gives us a deep look into what the trade deadline is like for the players and what they have to figure out behind the scenes if they are traded. [The Athletic]