- Minnesota Wild center Joel Eriksson Ek has been lost in the weird middle ground for the first part of his career, but due to an offensive explosion and promotion to the first line, he’s finally got some national praise for his play. [The Athletic]
- A certain mainstream media member was going through the rookie thought process over the weekend, wondering if Kirill Kaprizov should really be the Calder Trophy winner due to his age. [10K Rinks]
- The Wild showed signs of fatigue and succumbed to the shortened season schedule against the Arizona Coyotes. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson and his team has the right to question his suspension, but it’s on him to make adjustments for the future. [The Athletic]
- The Ottawa Senators are not going to stop until they cause chaos in every other front office this season. [Defector]
- Hockey great Walter Gretzky passed away this weekend, and his son Wayne gave an emotional eulogy at his funeral. [NBC Sports]