- In his first appearance as a member of the Minnesota Wild organization after singing his entry-level contract, Matt Boldy joined GM Bill Guerin to discuss his future, among other things. One thing of note, the 19-year-old will be starting his professional career in Iowa and will need to demonstrate some capability to make his NHL debut before the end of the season.
Bill Guerin/Matt Boldy presser has begun#mnwild gave him two options, burn the first year and start right away in Iowa or start contract in 2021-22.— Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) March 31, 2021
Guerin believes in the AHL and wants him to start there. Says it'll be up to Boldy whether he gets a shot this season
- The Buffalo Sabres reportedly want four first-round picks or the equivalent value for star Jack Eichel. Should the Wild go for it? [Hockey Wilderness]
- A position of strength has gotten substantially stronger, as Minnesota’s defense has solidified. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- Connor McDavid has been fined $5,000 for his high elbow on Montreal Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi. [Yahoo Sports]
- Oh they finally did it, the Sabres have snapped their 18-game winless streak with a 6-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers. Yikes. [Die By The Blade]
- The Florida Panthers have locked up goaltender Spencer Knight to an ELC, joining the fold of newcomer professionals ending their NCAA career. [Litter Box Cats]