- Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson is giving Kirill Kaprizov a run for his money in terms of Calder Trophy competition. But is he really a threat to win it all at the end of the season? [The Athletic]
- Speaking of the Calder, does Dean Evason’s coaching dampen the chances of Kaprizov walking away as the ROTY? [10K Rinks]
- The Minnesota Wild locked up forward Ryan Hartman for another three years at a cap hit of $1.7-million. With this signing, Minnesota made some decisions and fortified their situation ahead of the expansion draft. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Newly acquired David Savard of the Tampa Bay Lightning is an interesting character. [The Athletic]
- Jakub Vrana lit the lamp four times against the Dallas Stars last night. [Yahoo Sports]
- James van Riemsdyk scored a goal off of his face.
James van Riemsdyk scored a goal with his face earlier, came back and then scored another one to give the Flyers a late lead over the Rangers. pic.twitter.com/SVJFB7Pma3— SB Nation NHL (@SBNationNHL) April 23, 2021
- Don’t look now, but the Pittsburgh Penguins might win the East Division, and it’s helped by a newly formed line they have. [Pensburgh]