- The Minnesota Wild trounced the Colorado Avalanche by a score of 8-3 in their final matchup of the regular season and to top it all off, Kevin Fiala scored his first ever NHL hat trick. He was certainly lucky to have some fans in the building and get some hats on the ice.
Thanks, @KevinFiala22— Bally Sports North (@BallySportsNOR) April 8, 2021
For putting on one heck of a show. @Gorgamatic21 chats w/ . pic.twitter.com/CeK4xNet6W
- In case you need a quick reminder, Kirill Kaprizov is perfect. He does so much on the ice and is highly entertaining off of it, exactly what the Wild have needed for a while. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Zach Parise is finding some discomfort on his new supplementary role with the Wild. [StarTribune]
- No, Minnesota does not actually need to trade for a center. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- The New York Islanders made the first big splash of the week leading up to the trade deadline, acquiring Kyle Palmieri and Travis Zajac from the New Jersey Devils for some future assets including a first-rounder. [Lighthouse Hockey]
#Isles Transaction: The #Isles have acquired forwards Kyle Palmieri & Travis Zajac from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forwards Greer, Jobst, the #Isles 1st round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft & a conditional 4th round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft. 1/2 https://t.co/BaV5g2DcNN— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) April 7, 2021
- What does Palmieri bring to the Islanders? [The Athletic]
- Which NHL team is under the most pressure leading up to Monday’s trade deadline? [The Athletic]