- In Michael Russo’s latest, he details the leadership and experience that both Ian Cole and Nick Bonino brings from their championships with the Pittsburgh Penguins, especially with GM Bill Guerin being there too. [The Athletic]
- Matt Dumba was the first NHL player to kneel during the national anthems and now, a year after George Floyd’s murder, he reflects on any change. [The Athletic]
- Calen Addison made his playoff debut on Monday and Cole, as experienced as he is, is able to recognize the young defender’s poise. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Cam Talbot is dragging this team further into this first-round series than they deserve to go. [10K Rinks]
Off the trail...
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are getting done in by their goaltending and we can all point to Tristan Jarry for the reason they are on the brink of elimination. So where do they go from here? [Pensburgh]
- Going through all the eliminated teams, what do they do in the offseason to maybe not be kicked out so early? [ESPN]
- Dom goes in on the NHL’s officiating in the playoffs. [The Athletic]