- The writing was on the wall for Zach Parise, but the Minnesota Wild completely shocked Ryan Suter and he allegedly had a difficult conversation with GM Guerin when it was all going down. Not the best exit interview.
Told Ryan Suter was completely blindsided by today’s news. Was not expecting a buyout from #Mnwild— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) July 13, 2021
- Speaking of Parise, he talked publicly for the first time since being bought out and he mentioned that it really left a “sour taste” in his mouth. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In other news, we selected center Fyodor Svechkov with pick No. 21 in this year’s SB Nation Mock Draft. Let us know how we did... [Hockey Wilderness]
- The only thing that matters to me in the entire world right now is Celly, the Wild’s new rink pup. [Hockey Wilderness]
- If you need to know more about exactly what picks Minnesota has in the upcoming entry draft, look here. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Shayna Goldman describes why Kevin Fiala is so important for the Wild, and predicts what his new contract will be this summer. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- TRADE. The New Jersey Devils acquired defenseman Ryan Graves from the Colorado Avalanche for a 2nd-round pick this year and a prospect. Certainly a move just to get something for Graves instead of losing him for a draft pick.
TRADE ALERT— New Jersey Devils (@NJDevils) July 16, 2021
We have acquired defenseman Ryan Graves from Colorado in exchange for forward Mikhail Maltsev and our second-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft. pic.twitter.com/GiVocf6b3g
- The Athletic released their Big Trade Board and it includes a Wild trade target that rhymes with Pack Michael. [The Athletic]
- ESPN makes their expansion protection list predictions. [ESPN]
- Before trading Ryan Graves, the contract negotiations between the Avalanche and captain Gabriel Landeskog haven’t gone well. [Mile High Hockey]