- As reported by Michael Russo, the Wild have reached out to defenseman Brennan Menell about coming back to Minnesota. The young blueliner went over to the KHL without a new contract, but the Wild still hold his rights. He most likely will want a one-way deal, cementing an NHL salary. [The Athletic]
- If Matt Dumba is protected for the expansion draft, will the Seattle Kraken turn their attention to defenseman Carson Soucy? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Swedish winger Fabian Lysell is an interesting and polarizing prospect heading into this year’s draft. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Are the Seattle Kraken the solution to Minnesota’s Zach Parise problem? [10K Rinks]
- Top prospect Marco Rossi is back on the ice and we cannot be more happier. [Hockey Widlerness]
Off the trail...
- Longtime Dallas Stars defenseman Stephen Johns had to retire from the game of hockey early, but he was dedicated to a cross-country rollerblading trek. [ESPN]
- Chris Wideman was one of the Ottawa Senators caught in the infamous Uber incident, but where is he now and how is he going to get back to the NHL? [The Athletic]